Amazing foods for weight loss
Being overweight has become a cause for concern for many people nowadays. While some people may think that having a bit of fat around their middle region doesn’t matter, they couldn’t be more wrong! Obesity is a very major health problem. In fact, people who are at least 20 Kgs overweight and remain so for a number of years often develop several health problems because of the extra fat in the body.
Being overweight automatically puts such people at a risk to several cardiovascular diseases as well as high blood pressure. The most common health problem related to obesity, however, is diabetes. Obese people turn diabetic because the extra weight reduces the body’s reaction to the hormone insulin which is required to break down sugar into energy. Also, obese people generally tend to develop joint pains and diseases like arthritis later on in life since the knees are weakened because of carrying all the extra weight.
The best foods for weight loss
Here is a list of food items that one absolutely must include in his diet in order to lose weight:
- Oats – This fibre rich food makes for an excellent breakfast as well as in-between meals snack item. It boosts metabolism of the body and also burns fat.
- Beans – These are very rich in protein and are digested very slowly by the body. This implies that the person will gain zero calories from eating them and not feel hungry again for a long time.
- Eggs and sausages – Both these foods are extremely rich on fibre. Studies have even shown that a breakfast of eggs and sausages will keep a person feeling full till evening!
- Salmon – For non-vegetarians, the best source of protein is the salmon. It also contains MUFA which has been linked to weight loss.
- Apple – This fruit is a very essential part of the diet. It is very helpful in preventing weight gain and even helps in weight loss.
- Grapefruit – Though this fruit does not have fat burning properties but a glass of grapefruit juice will keep a person feel full for a number of hours.
- Brown rice – Another food which is low in calories but is heavy when eaten. It also boosts the body metabolism and helps burn fat.
- Nuts – Nuts, especially almonds, contain healthy fats which will not add to the body fat but rather help in slimming down.